What is it?
Dermal Fillers are gel-like substances that are injected beneath the skin to restore lost volume, smooth lines and soften creases, or enhance facial features. These formulations can be customized to the unique needs of each individual.
What to expect?
Dermal fillers injections can take anywhere from 20-30 minutes, with the depth of the injection depending on the area being treated. Most dermal fillers contain lidocaine, but a topical anesthetic may also be used. Results from dermal fillers can be seen right away and will improve in the days following the procedure. Youthful volume can be restored, adding definition to key areas like the cheekbones, lips and jawline. Dermal fillers typically last 6-18 months, depending on the area.
- Avoid blood thinning medications for a few days prior, such as Ibuprofen, ALeve and supplements including St. John’s Wort, Ginko BIloba, primrose oil, garlic, ginseng and Vitamin E
- If you are on a medically indicated blood thinner stay on it, but consult with your provider ahead of time or day of the procedure
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages on the day of your procedure
- Arrive with a clean face, please wash your face prior to your appointment
- If you have previously suffered from cold sores, there is a risk that needle punctures could contribute to another eruption of cold sores. Please start your antiviral medication 3 days prior to your injection and let your provider know if you are prone
- Do not use dermal fillers if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, are allergic to any ingredients, or suffer from neurological disorders
- Bruising at the treatment site may occur
- Temporary, minimal to moderate swelling may be expected related to the area/s treated and the product/s used
- It may be normal to experience some tenderness at the treatment site that can last for a few hours or, at times, a few days
- It may be normal to feel “firmness” in your treated area/s for the first few days after treatment. Over time the areas will soften and “settle”
- Apply a cool compress to the area/s treated (avoiding pressure)
- You may begin wearing makeup once any pinpoint bleeding from the injection sites have subsided
- Do not rub or massage the treated area/s for 24 hours following your injections
- When cleansing your face or applying makeup, use gentle sweeping motions to avoid excessive mobility of the area/s
- Avoid strenuous exercise, extreme heat such as saunas/hot tubs for 24 hours
- You may take acetaminophen/Tylenol for any discomfort, avoid NSAIDS as they may lead to bruising
- Avoid drinking alcohol, as this could contribute to bruising
- Wait a minimum of 6 weeks before receiving any laser treatments and one week before skincare treatments
- If you experience any increasing pain or pain that won’t go away, grey, white or purple discoloration, or scabs near the treatment area- IMMEDIATELY contact Bel Lavi Medical Aesthetics. If you do not get a promptly response, go to the emergency department or other qualified medical provider such as a plastic surgeon or cosmetic dermatologist
Contact us immediately if you have any of the following:
- severe or increasing pain
- fever and/or chills, discolored blotches in areas not injected
- blanching of injection sites
- notice that that area appears red and/or hot to touch
- scabbing at the area
Make An Appointment
350 Center St Suite 212, Wallingford, CT 06492