What is it?
Neuromodulators work by selectively and precisely relaxing wrinkle-causing muscles. Neuromodulators are most commonly used to treat fine lines and wrinkles in the face. Neuromodulators include Dysport, Xeomin, Botox and Jeuveau.
What to expect?
The treatments are quick and minimally invasive. A small needle is used to inject the neuromodulator in the area(s) of concern. Treated muscles begin to relax within a few days and reach full correction within two weeks. Results typically last 3-4 months.
- Avoid blood thinning medications for a few days prior, such as Ibuprofen, ALeve and supplements including St. John’s Wort, Ginko BIloba, primrose oil, garlic, ginseng and Vitamin E
- If you are on a medically indicated blood thinner stay on it, but consult with your provider ahead of time or day of the procedure
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages on the day of your procedure
- Arrive with a clean face, please wash your face prior to your appointment
- If you have previously suffered from cold sores, there is a risk that needle punctures could contribute to another eruption of cold sores. Please start your antiviral medication 3 days prior to your injection and let your provider know if you are prone
- Do not use neuromodulators if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, are allergic to any ingredients, or suffer from neurological disorders
- Bruising at the treatment site may occur
- Do not lie down for four hours following your treatment
- If you would like to reapply makeup, do so gently over the treatment areas
- Do not wear a hat or visor for four hours post-treatment, if the forehead was treated
- Refrain from flushing/sweating and heavy exercise for 24 hours. Avoid saunas and hot tubs for 24 hours
- Contact us immediately if you have any of the following: severe or increasing pain, fever and/or chills, discolored blotches in areas not injected, blanching of injection sites, notice that that area appears red and/or hot to touch, scabbing at the area
Make An Appointment
109 Fenn Road (Inside MKL Beauty Aesthetics) Newington, CT 06111