PRF All Natural Filler
What is it?
Platelet-rich fibrin (PRF) comes from your own blood and contains high concentrations of platelets and growth factors that help your tissue heal and grow new cells. PRF is obtained by drawing a small amount of blood from your arm and then using a centrifuge to spin the blood. The PRF is then extracted from the tube and injected into the skin, similarly to regular dermal fillers. Once the PRF is injected into the area of concern, it can help damaged, aging skin grow new collagen and elastin to achieve a beautiful, youthful, rejuvenated look. PRF can be injected on its own or mixed with dermal fillers for a faster appearing result.
What to expect?
PRF is performed in a series of treatments, spaced 6-8 weeks apart. Immediate results typically last 1-3 weeks and the volume will essentially dissipate. Long term effects, such as a skin tightening, collagen production and enhanced skin quality, may take up to 3-4 months to be noticed and can last from 6-12 months. The visibility of expected benefits and results of the PRF treatment is typically seen after six weeks from initial treatment. Injectable dermal fillers serve the single purpose of addressing volume deficiency, while PRF injections are directed towards skin rejuvenation, skin tightening, improved skin texture and quality, and collagen stimulation.
- Avoid blood thinning medications for a few days prior, such as Ibuprofen, ALeve and supplements including St. John’s Wort, Ginko BIloba, primrose oil, garlic, ginseng and Vitamin E
- If you are on a medically indicated blood thinner stay on it, but consult with your provider ahead of time or day of the procedure
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages on the day of your procedure
- Arrive with a clean face, please wash your face prior to your appointment
- If you have previously suffered from cold sores, there is a risk that needle punctures could contribute to another eruption of cold sores. Please start your antiviral medication 3 days prior to your injection and let your provider know if you are prone
Contact us immediately if you have any of the following:
- severe or increasing pain
- fever and/or chills
- discolored blotches in areas not injected
- blanching of injection sites
- notice that that area appears red and/or hot to touch
- scabbing at the area
- Bruising at the treatment site may occur
- Temporary, minimal to moderate swelling may be expected related to the area/s treated and the product/s used
- It may be normal to experience some tenderness at the treatment site that can last for a few hours or, at times, a few days
- It may be normal to feel “firmness” in your treated area/s for the first few days after treatment. Over time the areas will soften and “settle”
- Apply a cool compress to the area/s treated (avoiding pressure)
- You may begin wearing makeup once any pinpoint bleeding from the injection sites have subsided
- Do not rub or massage the treated area/s for 24 hours following your injections
- When cleansing your face or applying makeup, use gentle sweeping motions to avoid excessive mobility of the area/s
- Avoid strenuous exercise, extreme heat such as saunas/hot tubs for 24 hours
- You may take acetaminophen/Tylenol for any discomfort, avoid NSAIDS as they may lead to bruising
- Avoid drinking alcohol, as this could contribute to bruising
- Wait a minimum of 6 weeks before receiving any laser treatments and one week before skincare treatments
Make An Appointment
109 Fenn Road (Inside MKL Beauty) Newington, CT 06111